This 6th International Conference on Language and Arts (ICLA) elevates a theme “Innovation in Language and Arts”. Innovation refers to the introduction and creation of new products, ideas, skills, and services that improve an organization or society. It is usually motivated by the desire to change the status quo (which is of course not always bad) to bring about more effective outcomes. Researchers and practitioners are believed to have put their efforts in finding ways to solve problems/ difficulties, to sustain, and at the same time enhance good practices. This conference hopes to introduce and discuss what and how innovations have been made by the researchers and practitioners in language and arts. Professionals including researchers, lecturers, teachers, and postgraduate students are welcome to share their research results and daily innovative practices and ideas which address a wide range of sub-themes provided below.
Theme and Sub-themes
Innovation in Languages and Arts
- Curriculum and Materials Development
- Research and Methodology
- Professional Development
- Policy and Practice in Assessment
- Language Skills and Language Components
- Teaching Literature
- Teaching Arts
- Literature Studies
- Linguistics Studies
- Performance and Fine Arts Studies
Aim and Scope
The ICLA 2017 conference aims to bring together leading researchers, scholars, teachers, and students from all over the world to share innovations and new trends realized in their experiences and their research results and learn from each other on several aspects of linguistics, literature, arts, and the teaching of languages and arts.
Venue and Activities
Pangeran Beach Hotel, Jln. Juanda No. 79 Padang; on 18 –19 October, 2017; at 7.30 –16.00 WIB.
- Prof. Jonathan Newton (Victoria University, New Zealand)
- Prof. Emi Emilia, Ph.D. (Badan Pengembangan dan Pembinaan Bahasa, Kemdiknas RI, Indonesia)
- Prof. Datin Rahmah Bujang (Malaysia)
- Dr. John Yandell (University College London, England)
- Prof. Dr. Angelika Kubanek (University of Braunsweig, Gemany)
- Ir. Drs. Heldi, M.Si., Ph.D. (FBS Universitas Negeri Padang, Indonesia
Call for Papers
Selected papers will be published in the proceedings by Atlantis Press. indexed by : Web of Science CPCI-SSH (Conference Proceeding Citation Index-Social Science Humanities) Clarivate Analitycs (formerly known as Thomson Reuters/ISI Web of Knowledge), CNKI, Google Scholar, Compendex (if applicable). All articles get a digital object identifier (DOI).