This 6th International Conference on Language and Arts (ICLA) elevates a theme “Innovation in Language and Arts”. Innovation refers to the introduction and creation of new products, ideas, skills, and services that improve an organization or society. It is usually motivated by the desire to change the status quo (which is of course not always bad) to bring about more effective outcomes. Researchers and practitioners are believed to have put their efforts in finding ways to solve problems/ difficulties, to sustain, and at the same time enhance good practices. This conference hopes to introduce and discuss what and how innovations have been made by the researchers and practitioners in language and arts. Professionals including researchers, lecturers, teachers, and postgraduate students are welcome to share their research results and daily innovative practices and ideas which address a wide range of sub-themes provided below.
Theme and Sub-themes
Innovation in Languages and Arts
- Curriculum and Materials Development
- Research and Methodology
- Professional Development
- Policy and Practice in Assessment
- Language Skills and Language Components
- Teaching Literature
- Teaching Arts
- Literature Studies
- Linguistics Studies
- Performance and Fine Arts Studies
Aim and Scope
The ICLA 2017 conference aims to bring together leading researchers, scholars, teachers, and students from all over the world to share innovations and new trends realized in their experiences and their research results and learn from each other on several aspects of linguistics, literature, arts, and the teaching of languages and arts.
Venue and Activities
Pangeran Beach Hotel, Jln. Juanda No. 79 Padang; on 18 –19 October, 2017; at 7.30 –16.00 WIB.
Deadline of abstract submission: August 25, 2017
- Notification of abstract acceptance: August 28, 2017 (Check your Account)
- Full paper submission deadline for: September 25, 2017
- Participant registration deadline : September 29, 2017
- Notification of full paper review result for indexed proceeding: October 6, 2017
- Conference day: October 18-19, 2017
Call for Papers
Researchers, lecturers, teachers, and students are kindly invited to participate and contribute to help shape the conference. Quality innovative and original results of various types of research, empirical practices and constructive propositions are welcome.
Authors are requested to submit abstract to the Organizing Committee by August 25, 2017. The papers should be written in English and must be between 4 to 6 pages.
All submitted conference abstracts and papers will be blind-reviewed by competent reviewers. The abstract book, and certificate of presentation and participation will be handed at the conference desk.
Selected papers will be published in the proceedings by Atlantis Press. indexed by : Web of Science CPCI-SSH (Conference Proceeding Citation Index-Social Science Humanities) Clarivate Analitycs (formerly known as Thomson Reuters/ISI Web of Knowledge), CNKI, Google Scholar, Compendex (if applicable). All articles get a digital object identifier (DOI).
Abstract and Paper Submission
To submit an abstract, author must register first (left menu “Registration and Submission System“). Then you can submit your abstract by logging in to this site (“Login”) in the “Registration and Submission System“. Manuscript can be submitted only after authors submit their abstracts. The whole submission process is done fully online (NOT by email) to guarantee smooth administration.
Abstract of research results or innovative ideas should be of 250 words maximum. The abstract should contain title, name of author(s), affiliation, e-mail address, body of abstract, and key words/phrases. The full paper should also be written in English, 9-10 pages in length on A4 paper, containing title, name of author(s), affiliation, e-mail address, abstract (in English); Introduction; Relevant Theoretical Reviews, Data Analysis and Discussion, Conclusion, References, and Short CV of Author (s). For both abstract and full paper, please use MS-Office Word 97-2003 or MS-Office Word 2007, (file”doc”or “docx”); font 12-pt and 1,5 spaces. Please pay attention to the deadlines below. All selected papers are published by Atlantis Press in the form of a Proceeding with ISSN code number or granted further opportunity to be published in Komposisi, Lingua Didaktika, and Humanus, the journals published by the Faculty of Languages and Arts (terms and conditions apply). No Regular Proceedings.
Template of Full Paper: template .
Format of Presentation:
- Paper presentation (30 minutes)
- Workshop (60 minutes)
- Roundtable (20 minutes)
Registration Fee and Payment
Registration fee does not include accommodation . Mode of payment: Money Order/Bank Draft/Online payment (VISA and Mastercard)
|Participation Type||Early Bird Fees||Fees after September 1, 2017|
|Indonesian presenters||IDR 1.000.000||IDR 1.200.000|
|Indonesian participants||IDR 800.000||IDR 1000.000|
|International presenters and participants||$US 150||$US 200|
|Students* (non presenter)||IDR 600.000||IDR 750.000|
*Proof of student status required
|Paper publication in the indexed proceeding||IDR. 1.500.000|
Registration will be confirmed only when the conference Fee has been paid (non-refundable). The payment of Conference Fee can be transferred to Bank BNI Cabang Padang, Account Number 0551265255, Name of Acc. No. Ibu Yusmida before September 29, 2017. Please send the transfer document (bank receipt) and registration form (filled in) to committee secretariat via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Invited speakers and speakers of parallel sessions will receive seminar kits, seminar booklets, certificate (as speaker), proceeding with ISSN code number, snack, and lunch;
- All participants will receive seminar kits, seminar booklet, certificate (as participant), snack, and lunch;
- Participants who would like to purchase the proceeding with ISSN code Number may kindly contact the committee secretariat with the additional payment.
The committee will not be able to make hotel reservations for speakers and participants. The information about hotels near the seminar venue below may be helpful.
- Pangeran Beach Hotel Juanda No. 79 Padang Telp. (0751)7051333, 7054613 (seminar venue); rate: IDR. 583.000,00;
- Tiga-tiga hotel, Veteran No. 33 Padang, Telp. (0751)22137 (around 2.5 KM to the seminar venue), rate : IDR. 235.000,00
- Grand Inna Muara convention Hotel, Gereja No. 34 Padang, Telp. (0751)35600 9around 4 KM to the seminar venue);
- Sriwijaya Hotel, Veteran No. 26 Padang, (0751)7855145, 445774 (3 KM to the seminar venue); rate: IDR. 300.000;
- ION Hotel, S. Parman Padang, Telp. (0715) 446767 (1,8 KM to the seminar venue); rate: IDR. 300.000;
- Nabawi Syariah Hotel, Samudera Padang, Telp. (0751) 22000 (1.5 KM to the seminar venue); rate: IDR. 150.000,00;
- Fortuna Guest House, S. Parman No. 161 Padang, Telp. (0751) 705475 (1.5 KM to the seminar venue); rate: IDR. 250.000,00-IDR. 400.000,00;
- Ibis Hotel
- Fave Hotel
- Daima Jl. Sudirman Padang
- Bumi Minang, Jl. Bunda Kanduang, Padang
- Axana Jl. Bunda Kanduang, Padang
See here for more information about hotels in Padang.
Official Information about Indonesia Visa can be found here
For further information about the conference, please contact:
- Yenni Rozimela: 081267405199
- Witri : 08116619202
- Yos Sudarman: 081267483164
- Zul Fadhli : 08126771449