Massive changes in the industrial era 4.0 have significant impact on and being about challenges in many aspects of our our global world. In education sector, for instance, excessive use of gadgets by students often influences teaching and learning process. In arts, advancement of technology to some extent affects arts design and performance. In line with this, researchers and practioneers keep exploring new ideas for continuous quality improvement and finding solutions to emerging problems through field studies and classroom research. University should become a centre of excellence where academics can inform and discuss the result of their studies and classroom best practices, and share ideas. For this purpose the 7th International Conference on Language and Arts (ICLA-7) invites researchers, teachers/lecturers, and students to come as presenters or participants. This year theme is Research and Education Innovation on Languages and Arts in the Era 4.0 with several sub-themes stated below.
Theme and Sub-themes
Research and Education Innovation on Languages and Arts in the Era 4.0
- Authentic Assessment
- Material Development
- Language Across Curriculum
- Current Teaching Methodology
- Teacher Professional Development
- Curriculum Change and Innovation
- Multimedia in Language and Arts Teaching
- Linguistic Studies
- Language and Variations
- Language, Thought, and Culture
- Critical Literary Studies
- Literature and Culture
- Drama and Performance
- Identity in Arts and Design
- Music and Performance Studies
- Creative Arts
Aim and Scope
The ICLA 2019 conference aims to bring together leading researchers, scholars, teachers, and students from all over the world to share innovations and new trends realized in their experiences and their research results and learn from each other on several aspects of linguistics, literature, arts, and the teaching of languages and arts.
Venue and Activities
Hospitality Center Universitas Negeri Padang, Jln. Prof. Dr. Hamka, Air Tawar, Padang on 17 – 18 October, 2019; at 7.30 -16.00 WIB.
Deadline of abstract submission: August 25, 2019 Notification of abstract acceptance: May-August 28, 2019 (Check your Account, 2-3 days after submission) The latest abstract notification: August 28, 2019
- Full paper submission deadline: September 30, 2019
- Full paper review 30 September – 15 October 2019
- Participant registration deadline: September 29, 2019
- Notification of full paper review result for indexed proceedings: May-September 20, 2019
- Conference day: October 17-18, 2019
Call for Papers
Researchers, lecturers, teachers, and students are kindly invited to participate and contribute to help shape the conference. Quality innovative and original results of various types of research, empirical practices and constructive propositions are welcome.
Authors are requested to submit abstract to the Committee by August 25, 2019. The papers should be written in English and must be between 4 to 6 pages (3000-4000 words) on the template provided.
All submitted conference abstracts and papers will be blind-reviewed by competent reviewers. The abstract book, and certificate of presentation and participation will be handed at the conference desk.
Abstracts that have been accepted can pay for the conference fee. The committee will review the full paper before submitting to the publisher.
Selected papers will be published at Atlantis Press an indexed proceedings. All articles get a digital object identifier (DOI).
Abstract and Paper Submission
To submit an abstract, author must register first (left menu “Registration and Submission System“). Then you can submit your abstract by logging in to this site (“Login”) in the “Registration and Submission System“. Manuscript can be submitted only after authors submit their abstracts.
Abstract of research results or innovative ideas should be of 400 words maximum (Extended abstract). The abstract should contain title, short introduction, method, and result and discussion as body of abstract, and key words/phrases (Summary) without name. Name of author(s), affiliation, e-mail address, should be filled in metadata. The full paper should also be written in English, 3000-4000 words in length on A4 paper, containing title, name of author(s), affiliation, e-mail address, abstract (in English); Introduction; Relevant Theoretical Reviews, Data Analysis and Discussion, Conclusion, References, and Short CV of Author (s). For both abstract and full paper, please use MS-Office Word 97-2003 or MS-Office Word 2007, (file?doc?or ?docx?); font 10-pt and 1 space. Please pay attention to the deadlines above. All selected papers are published by Atlantis Press in the form of a Proceeding with ISSN code number.
Further opportunity to be published in Komposisi, Lingua Didaktika, and Humanus, the journals published by the Faculty of Languages and Arts (terms and conditions apply by submitting the manuscript to the journals).
Template of Full Paper: template .
Format: IMRAD (Introduction, Methods, Result and Discussion, Conclusion.)
Format of Presentation:
- Paper presentation (30 minutes)
- Workshop (60 minutes)
- Roundtable (20 minutes)
Registration Fee and Payment
Registration fee does not include accommodation . Mode of payment: Money Order/Bank Draft/Online payment (VISA and Mastercard)
|Indonesian presenters||IDR . 1000.000,-|
|Indonesian participants||IDR . 500.000,-|
|International presenters and participants||US$ . 150,-|
|Students* (non presenter)||IDR .|
Proof of student status required
|Paper publication in the indexed by Web of Science proceeding (Atlantis Press)||IDR. 2.000.000,-
Registration will be confirmed only when the conference Fee has been paid (non-refundable). The payment of Conference Fee can be transferred to Bank BNI Kantor Cabang Padang, Account Number 0668110902, Acc. Holder: RPL 010 BLU UNP untuk DKE. Please send the transfer document (bank receipt) and registration form (filled in) to committee secretariat via e-mail: email@example.com and fill the form of metadata.
- Invited speakers and speakers of parallel sessions will receive seminar kits, seminar booklets, certificate (as speaker), snack, and lunch;
- All participants will receive seminar kits, seminar booklet, certificate (as participant), snack, and lunch;
- Participants who would like to purchase the proceeding may kindly contact the committee secretariat with the additional payment.
The committee will not be able to make hotel reservations for parallel speakers and participants. The information about hotels near the seminar venue below may be helpful.
- Pangeran Beach Hotel Juanda No. 79 Padang Telp. (0751)7051333, 7054613 (seminar venue); rate: IDR. 583.000,00;
- Tiga-tiga hotel, Veteran No. 33 Padang, Telp. (0751)22137 (around 2.5 KM to the seminar venue), rate : IDR. 235.000,00
- Grand Inna Muara convention Hotel, Gereja No. 34 Padang, Telp. (0751)35600 9around 4 KM to the seminar venue);
- Sriwijaya Hotel, Veteran No. 26 Padang, (0751)7855145, 445774 (3 KM to the seminar venue); rate: IDR. 300.000;
- ION Hotel, S. Parman Padang, Telp. (0715) 446767 (1,8 KM to the seminar venue); rate: IDR. 300.000;
- Nabawi Syariah Hotel, Samudera Padang, Telp. (0751) 22000 (1.5 KM to the seminar venue); rate: IDR. 150.000,00;
- Fortuna Guest House, S. Parman No. 161 Padang, Telp. (0751) 705475 (1.5 KM to the seminar venue); rate: IDR. 250.000,00-IDR. 400.000,00;
- Ibis Hotel
- Fave Hotel
- Daima Jl. Sudirman Padang
- Kyriad Bumi Minang, Jl. Bunda Kanduang, Padang
- Axana Jl. Bunda Kanduang, Padang
See here for more information about hotels in Padang.
Official Information about Indonesia Visa can be found here
For further information about the conference, please contact:
- Dini Faisal: +62 813 20 582 048
- Desvalini Anwar +62 822 47 607 640
- Havid Ardi: +62 852 2928 9435
- Office +62 751 7053363