Corona Virus Pandemic brings the massive influences in in many aspects of our lives . In education sector, for instance, excessive use of internet by students often influences teaching and learning process. In arts, advancement of technology to some extent affects arts design and performance. In line with this, researchers and practitioners keep exploring new ideas for continuous quality improvement and finding solutions to emerging problems through field studies and classroom research. University should become a center of excellence where academics can inform and discuss the result of their studies and classroom best practices, and share ideas. For this purpose the 9th International Conference on Language and Arts (ICLA-9) invites researchers, teachers/lecturers, and students to come as presenters or participants. This year theme is Research and Education Challenges and Arts in the Corona Virus Pandemic. with several sub-themes stated below.
Theme and Sub-themes
Research and Education Challenges on Languages and Arts in the Corona Virus Pandemic
- Authentic Assessment
- Material Development
- Language Across Curriculum
- Current Teaching Methodology
- Teacher Professional Development
- Curriculum Change and Innovation
- Multimedia in Language and Arts Teaching
- Linguistic Studies
- Language and Variations
- Language, Thought, and Culture
- Critical Literary Studies
- Literature and Culture
- Drama and Performance
- Identity in Arts and Design
- Music and Performance Studies
- Creative Arts
Aim and Scope
The ICLA 2020 conference aims to bring together leading researchers, scholars, teachers, and students from all over the world to share innovations and new trends realized in their experiences and their research results and learn from each other on several aspects of linguistics, literature, arts, and the teaching of languages and arts.
Venue and Activities
Due to the Corona Virus pandemic, The conference will be conducted via ZOOM Cloud meeting on 14 – 15 October, 2020; at 7.30 -16.00 WIB.
- Registration and Full Paper Submission : FROM NOW ON till October,7,2020.
- Deadline of Registration and Full paper submission: October 7, 2020.
- Full paper review : Now – October , 7, 2020.
- Conference day: October 14-15, 2020.
Call for Papers
Researchers, lecturers, teachers, and students are kindly invited to participate and contribute to help shape the conference. Quality innovative and original results of various types of research, empirical practices and constructive propositions are welcome.
Authors are requested to submit Full paper to the Committee by October 7, 2020. The papers should be written in English and must be between 4 to 6 pages (3000-4000 words) on the template provided.
All submitted conference papers will be blind-reviewed by competent reviewers. The abstract book, and certificate of presentation and participation will be handed at the conference desk.
Full papers that have been accepted can pay for the conference fee. The committee will review the full paper before submitting to the publisher.
Selected papers will be published at Atlantis Press an indexed proceedings. All articles get a digital object identifier (DOI).
Full Paper Submission
The full paper should be written in English, 3000-4000 words in length on A4 paper, containing title, name of author(s), affiliation, e-mail address, abstract (in English); Introduction; Relevant Theoretical Reviews, Data Analysis and Discussion, Conclusion, References, and Short CV of Author (s). Please use MS-Office Word 97-2003 or MS-Office Word 2007, (file?doc?or ?docx?); font 10-pt and 1 space. Please pay attention to the deadlines above. All selected papers are published by Atlantis Press in the form of a Proceeding with ISSN code number.
Further opportunity to be published in Komposisi, Lingua Didaktika, and Humanus, the journals published by the Faculty of Languages and Arts (terms and conditions apply by submitting the manuscript to the journals).
Template of Full Paper: template .
Format: IMRAD (Introduction, Methods, Result and Discussion, Conclusion.)
Format of Presentation:
Paper presentation : (20 minutes) in a form of Video sent via Youtube Link and will be published in this website.
Registration Fee and Payment
Mode of payment: Money Order/Bank Draft/Online payment (VISA and Mastercard)
Registration Fee : IDR 50.000 ( US$.3.41)
|Paper publication in the indexed by Web of Science proceeding (Atlantis Press)||IDR. 2.000.000,-
Registration will be confirmed only when the conference Fee has been paid (non-refundable). The payment of Conference Fee can be transferred to Bank Nagari (Bank Code = 118) , Account Number 99.0002.2020.0001.0007 a.n ICLA FBS Please send the transfer document (bank receipt) and registration form (filled in) to committee secretariat via this link or e-mail: email@example.com
- Participants who would like to purchase the proceeding may kindly contact the committee secretariat with the additional payment.
The committee will not be able to make hotel reservations for parallel speakers and participants. The information about hotels near the seminar venue below may be helpful.
- Pangeran Beach Hotel Juanda No. 79 Padang Telp. (0751)7051333, 7054613 (seminar venue); rate: IDR. 583.000,00;
- Tiga-tiga hotel, Veteran No. 33 Padang, Telp. (0751)22137 (around 2.5 KM to the seminar venue), rate : IDR. 235.000,00
- Grand Inna Muara convention Hotel, Gereja No. 34 Padang, Telp. (0751)35600 9around 4 KM to the seminar venue);
- Sriwijaya Hotel, Veteran No. 26 Padang, (0751)7855145, 445774 (3 KM to the seminar venue); rate: IDR. 300.000;
- ION Hotel, S. Parman Padang, Telp. (0715) 446767 (1,8 KM to the seminar venue); rate: IDR. 300.000;
- Nabawi Syariah Hotel, Samudera Padang, Telp. (0751) 22000 (1.5 KM to the seminar venue); rate: IDR. 150.000,00;
- Fortuna Guest House, S. Parman No. 161 Padang, Telp. (0751) 705475 (1.5 KM to the seminar venue); rate: IDR. 250.000,00-IDR. 400.000,00;
- Ibis Hotel
- Fave Hotel
- Daima Jl. Sudirman Padang
- Kyriad Bumi Minang, Jl. Bunda Kanduang, Padang
- Axana Jl. Bunda Kanduang, Padang
See here for more information about hotels in Padang.
Official Information about Indonesia Visa can be found here
For further information about the conference, please contact:
- Rusdi Noor Rosa +62853 7322 7749
- Dini Faisal: +62 813 20 582 048
- Habiburrahman +62 821677 61500
- Office +62 751 7053363